When everything hurts, a massage can make you feel brand new.But we dont always have the time to book in for a massage session, se we"ve ronded up some of the ways you can relieve common aches and pain yourself.
Release nerves, increase blood and lymph circulation and start feeling better with these easy self-massage techniques.
Self-massage for migraines
Nothing grinds life to a halt quite like a migraine. While tablets and medicines are a speedy solution, massage techniques can help alleviate that thumping head and sickly nausea. Acupressure on different parts of the face can help, working by applying pressure to different facial points to release that blocked-up feeling and help your head feel clearer. Four handy acupressure points to know when migraines attack are:
Third eye point. Located where the bridge of the nose meets the forehead, apply pressure for one minute for relief.
Facial beauty point. Place your index fingers on either side of your face, where your cheekbones end near your nose.
Glow point. Situated just behind the jaws, applying pressure to this point can help relax the head and neck.
Heavenly pillar point. Give pressure to this point at the base of your skull, the start of your spine for ultimate head relief.
Self-massage for back pain
Desk jobs can cause aches and pains in our backs - but there are ways to combat the unsightly slouch. Get yourself a foam roller and loosen up those back muscles with this simple self-massage:
- Lie with your back flat on the floor and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place a foam roller on the midsection of your back, just under your shoulder blades.
- Rock your body up and down, towards and away from your feet, to massage your back and loosen up those pressure points.
Self-massage for neck and shoulder pain
The muscles in the back of your skull work overtime to keep your head balanced on top of your spine. It’s tempting to give them a rub with your hands, but there’s a much better way to give them a little bit of love. Grab a tennis ball and try this:
Also check our Smart Massager that can help you with pain no matter where you are and no metter what you are doing, just put it around your neck and let him be your personal massager, It will instantly improve your aches neck and shoulders along with improving your posture. Check the product below:
- Place a tennis ball between your shoulder and the wall.
- Lift your arm over your head, then move your head from side to side.
- Move the ball into different positions to relieve the problem areas around your upper body.
The Genexy Smart Neck and Shoulder Massager (50% OFF for a Limited TIme): https://genexy.net/collections/therapy/products/smart-neck-and-shoulder-massager-1
Self-massage for period pain
With the lower back inflamed during a period, many women cramp up with pain during that time of the month. To relieve that achy discomfort, try this simple-but-effective exercise:
- Lie on the floor, flat on your back with your legs bent and the soles of your feet planted on the ground.
- Put two tennis balls under your lower back, equally spaced where your sacrum meets your hip bone.
- Lift and lower your hips to massage the area.
Self-massage for aching feet
The best part of this massage is that you can do it under your desk without interrupting your work. You’ll need a tennis ball for this massage. Simply remove your shoes (and your socks if you want to), step on the ball and roll it from your toes down to your heel with a firm pressure. If you’re a runner with problem areas in the feet, roll the ball in tiny circles around any parts of the foot that feel tender.